Our GREEN Philosophy.
We believe Scherrer Construction has a responsibility to minimize the environmental impact of our construction projects for our communities and business partners. Our choice to reduce our carbon footprint has been a conscience, executive decision.
In response to this decision, Scherrer Construction has formed a Green Council of volunteer representatives from all departments and trades. The Green Council is charged with creating and implementing a long-term plan that focuses on reducing our carbon footprint. Specifically, we will focus on company-wide sustainable education for all employees, and researching and implementing these environmentally-friendly practices for our office and throughout our construction projects.
Our Green Council will measure all of our green efforts to assist in refining our methods, educating our employees, and educating our clients.
Our GREEN Goals.
Scherrer Construction is committed to sustainable building practices. We have created goals and benchmarks to ensure we can property track the process of our efforts. The following is a summary of our sustainable practices.
• All employees will be educated on the basic principles of LEED and green construction. All Project managers will be LEED Accredited.
• Scherrer Construction will provide construction activity pollution prevention solutions to every Project Owner; including but not limited to preventing and controlling soil erosion, waterway sedimentation and airborne dust generation.
• We will continue to provide designated collection areas for recyclables for each jobsite trailer and office. We will provide construction waste recycling options for each project site.
• We will continue to divert job site construction waste through Scherrer’s Construction Waste Management Plan.
• We will continue to align ourselves with second-hand salvage companies who re-sell used construction products and promote the re-use of various construction materials.
• We will create an Indoor Air Quality Management Plan and will review the requirements on a regular basis with the project team..
• We will promote flushing-out new construction and renovation projects with outside air.
• We will complete annual energy audits, followed by Green Council action meetings, for all Scherrer Construction properties.