Scherrer Construction receives AGC 2022 BUILD Wisconsin award for Karcher Middle School project
We are so proud to announce that the Karcher Middle School project was awarded another award, this time for the 2022 BUILD Wisconsin Awards from the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Wisconsin in the General Contractor – Commercial Project – New Construction category.
The BUILD Wisconsin Awards celebrate the skilled craftworkers in Wisconsin and the state’s construction industry. Recipients were honored at the 2022 BUILD Wisconsin Awards ceremony on October 6.
AGC Wisconsin recognized Scherrer for its work on Karcher Middle School within the Burlington Area School District. The brand new 145,000-square-foot K-12 school provides a state-of-the-art facility for the more than 700 students it serves and includes:
· Winged corridors to accommodate core curriculum classrooms, student collaboration spaces and project-based learning
· Designated special education classrooms built with students and faculty in mind
· Innovative spaces for elective programming including STEM education, art, band, orchestra and choir
· Updated security and safety features
· Contemporary gymnasium, fitness room and locker rooms
· Enhanced common areas including a library with flexible learning spaces, a cafeteria, and staff offices
“Karcher Middle School represents a new generation of design-built construction that embraces anytime, anyplace learning. This is evident from the approach to making every corridor and common space ﬂexible so that it can also be used as additional learning space,” explained Dan Bay, senior project manager of Scherrer Construction. “As learning continues to evolve, Scherrer is proud to be at the forefront of creating learning spaces that enhance educational experiences for students, staff and the community.”
The updated Karcher Middle School is part of Burlington Area School District’s strategic plan for district-wide updates to its facilities and Scherrer has been proud to partner with the district to bring its vision to life.
Check out AGC of Wisconsin's video highlighting the project here!
A view of the library/media center featuring glass doors to separate the space from the commons/cafeteria.
A shot from the second floor commons area featuring full wall murals reflecting the history of BASD.